Friday 7 May 2010

New set

 I made myself a new necklace to go with some new clothes my mum kindly bought me. I have another one planned with a series of different beads but need to make some more green flower canes first. I was having trouble getting texture on my beads but with help from some friends on Poymer Clay Central and Flickr I am now happy with them. I used my nutmeg grater in the end to get the texture (need to get a new one now before I need nutmeg again but clay is more important ;)
Necklace and bracelet set
Close up of spliced flower cane bead and the textured beads.








I am going away for a girly weekend and have my lovely new outfit on and feel very smart with my coordinating jewellery! Have a good weekend all.

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty. And I like the textured beads. Have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a lovely girly weekend with your new outfit and lovely new jewellery.

    "I used my nutmeg grater in the end to get the texture (need to get a new one now before I need nutmeg again but clay is more important ;)"

    You are obviously a woman who has her priorities correct. Love the idea of making the texture with the nutmeg grater. I think I'll pick one up next time I see one at a jumble sale.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you