Thursday 20 May 2010

Scrap MG bracelet attempt 2

 I decided to have another go with the Scrap MG tutorial I bought from Tonja Lenderman, you can get yours here. I would recommend it Tonjas bracelets are beautiful and her instructions are clear, a great way to turn a pile of scrap into something beautiful.

I made one before which was beautiful but far too big and then I was careless and broke it. I can't tell you too much about what I did as obviously that wouldn't be fair to Tonja but this time I measured the widest point of my hand and measured the bangle to be the same size.

Starting pile of scrap

The finished Scrap MG Bracelet - the one on top, subtle colours
 I was pretty pleased with how it looked. The colours came out a bit subtle compared to my normal colours but I thought it would go brilliantly with my new grey T- shirt with lots of coloured patterns - very similar to the bracelet. I went to try it on - wouldn't ft! But I measured! I tried again ...
OK so it really wouldn't fit over my hand :(
It was too small and I pulled it apart along the join which I had smoothed over but clearly not well enough. So back to the drawing board with bracelet measurements. I will see if I can super glue this one to give to someone with smaller hands!

I feel a bit like Goldilocks, the first one was too big, the second one was 2 small, lets hope the 3rd one will be just right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you