Thursday 10 November 2011

Stroppel Cane Flickr Group

I was hoping to show you some new creations today but my sanding pile is still very large and I haven't quite got there yet, soon!

In the meantime I have set up a Flickr Group for The Stroppel Cane. I have been discussing the idea with Alice Stroppel and now it seems that so many people are posting pictures of work using this wonderful technique that it's hard to keep track of them all.  I am hoping that by starting the flickr group the pictures can be posted there and we can all be inspired by each others creations and peoples little twists on the basic technique. Please come join the group, add your pictures, tell your friends!

Pendant made by me using the Stroppel Cane technique with scraps from one project

Tortoises made with Stroppel Cane slices from some old cane scraps

If you haven't tried the Stroppel Cane technique yet and you have a few cane scraps, or old canes you aren't keen on, give it a go this weekend. It's great fun and the results are stunning!

2 comments:

  1. I too am enjoying seeing what others are doing with their 'Stroppels'!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you